1. Right-coiled White Conch: The white conch which coils to the right symbolizes the profound, far-reaching, and musical sound of the Dharma teachings, which being appropriate to different natures, predispositions, and aspirations of disciples, awakens them from the deep slumber of ignorance and urges them to accomplish their own and others’ welfare.
2. Precious Umbrella: The precious umbrella symbolizes the wholesome activity of preserving beings from illness, harmful forces, obstacles, and so forth in this life and all kinds of temporary and enduring sufferings of the three lower realms and the realms of men and gods in future lives. It also represents the enjoyment of a feast of benefit under its cool shade.
3. Victory Banner: The victory banner symbolizes the victory of the activities of one’s own and others’ body, speech, and mind over obstacles and negativities. It also stands for the complete triumph of the Buddhist Doctrine over all destructive and pernicious forces.
4. Golden Fish: The golden fish symbolizes the auspiciousness of all living beings in a state of fearlessness, without danger of drowning in the ocean of suffering and migrating from place to place freely and spontaneously, just as fish swim freely without fear through the water.
5. Dharma Wheel: The golden wheel symbolizes the auspiciousness of the turning of the precious wheel of Buddha’s doctrine, both in its teachings and realizations, in all realms and at all times, enabling beings to experience the joy of wholesome deeds and liberation.
6. Auspicious Drawing: The auspicious drawing symbolizes the mutual dependence of religious doctrine and secular affairs. Similarly, it represents the union of wisdom and method, the inseparability of emptiness and addiction arising at the time of path, and finally, the complete union of knowledge and great compassion at the time of enlightenment.
7. Lotus Flower: The lotus flower symbolizes the complete purification of the defilements of the body, speech, and mind and the full blossoming of wholesome deeds in blissful liberation.
8. Vase of Treasure: The treasure vase symbolizes an endless rain of long life, wealth and prosperity, and all the benefits of this world and liberation.